THE CHALLENGEThe world is full of innovation and opportunities, and Piusi is a major player that never stops looking for new and cutting-edge ideas. We challenge you to come up with a new product idea that will improve the line of Piusi products. We want you to create an original design that has never been seen in the industry before. All we ask is for the product you design to be related or closely linked to fluid handling, to enhance the overall efficiency of existing products, to potentially break into new industries or fulfill any other currently unmet needs for Piusi customers. Participants will have the opportunity to choose from three different objectives: Developing a new flowmeter; a new electronic management system; or any other original idea the participant has to bring a groundbreaking innovation to the fuel industry. What you design is completely up to you.
The choice is yours, so be creative!
- College and graduate students studying in the Massachusetts area
- GPA req. - ≥ 3.0/4.0
- Must be currently pursuing engineering or related degree
- Create an original product design in the fluid handling equipment industry and/or related to Piusi current products
- Develop a Coriolis flowmeter, or identify and propose different technologies for measuring liquids.
- Electronic systems: To manage the refueling of vehicle fleets, Piusi developed SSM 2.0. On the market there are other solutions such as Fuelcloud. What will be the evolution of these systems?
- Scholarhips for the top 3 ideas:
- $3,000 + All-inclusive internship at the Piusi headquarters in Italy
- Opportunity to present your idea to the Piusi top executives during the final event
- See your design come to life while working with the best engineers in the industry
- Gain industry knowledge from the company world-leader in fluid handling equipment
Jan 10 - Apr 10, 2017
Open enrollment / applications submission
Deadline Apr. 10, 2017 12am EST
May 15, 2017
Decision - Applicants will be chosen and notified
Jun 1, 2017 - Sep 1, 2017
Competition - 13 weeks development of innovative ideas and designs
Sep 2, 2017
Final Event - Presentation to the Piusi top Management and engineers